Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 1

Dear readers,

After spending over $300 in supplies I figured I would at least get to use something I bought.
No such luck, I traveled for an hour and 20 minutes each way to take a placement test for a math class that I already placed in to, go figure! The professor actually tried to explain why, something about not being prepared for the first one ? what?! how can you prepare for a math placement test.....??? If you would study for it wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it. I guess you need a couple of letters after your name to understand that.

The good news is that it sounded like I might place in to the higher math class afterall, which means one less class for me to take. (One class closer to graduation, keeping my eye on the prize)

Yay! my blackboard account finally works. I'm taking Contemporary World History online. I've never taken an online class before but from what I have read in the syllabus it shouldn't be to trying. The syllabus reads the following: "Grading: One third of the final grade will be based on the quality and quantity of your discussion board particapation, and two thirds will be based on two, equally weighted exams"
Oh I nearly forgot to mention that the tests are online too. (lots of evil thoughts entering my head)

Tomorrow I actually start with the part of school that I'm interested in, the architecture part. I'm going to be dragging around with me all those things you see people on the subway holding, and think to yourself, why does he need all that? what in the world is he going to do with it?
I'll be carrying an expandable drawing storage tube, it looks like a handheld rocket launcher but less cool, T-square, huge ruler, little tool box with my drawing equipment and more. I'll need to bring something to eat too as my class starts at 6pm and lasts untill 10:10pm, I know it's insane but that's what happens when you register for classes on the late side.

Anyway, take care and be sure to come back for day 2 of Mo's Arch.

Cheers, Mo

P.S. Feel free to leave a comment!!

2 comments:

  1. All you're missing is the plastic pocket protector like my father used to wear :D

    Oh, and imagine what fun you can have in the subway with the rocket launcher thingy! You can become one of those people who have big long things poking out of their backpacks, who turn and swing around with abandon, not realizing all the people they decapitate along the way.

    Good luck on your second 1st day!

    P.S. I love the word of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you really take all that with you to school today? i hope you didn't forget your wood glue and spray adhesive- you wouldn't want to be the only one w/o those on the first day of class :)

    ReplyDelete