Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Word of The Day

My NYIT online account has a box with the Word of The Day. I'm not an English major but I will admit that I enjoy reading what obscure words they can come up with. So why not share it with my followers.

marmoreal / marh-MOR-ee-ul / adjective
: of, relating to, or suggestive of marble or a marble statue especially in coldness or aloofness
Example sentence:
Mary sat silently in the corner of the room, her face expressing nothing but marmoreal calm.

C'mon how many of you have ever heard of "marmoreal" ? I surely have not

Take care, Mo

3 comments:

  1. I've never actually heard of the word, but "Marmor" in German, means marble.
    Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, words of the day are fun but Architecture words of the day...eh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DAD 2.0: in Dutch it's marmer,thought of it only after I posted it. (one of those eureka-in-the-shower-moments)
    @Orange and Blue(shoes): These words are not Architecture words...did you know the word?

    ReplyDelete